How Do I


My Assessed Value?

The assessed value and/or classification of your property may be appealed at the March Board of Review.  Assessment change notices are sent out 14 days prior to the March Board of Review with the meeting dates and times listed. 

If you wish to make an appeal, contact your local assessor to obtain a copy of your record card for verification, review and to discuss any discrepancies.  A copy of the petition to your local Board of Review (form L-4400) can be found at  This form should accompany your reason for appeal and documentation of support for your appeal.

Protest at the March Board of Review is necessary to protect your right for further appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal for valuation appeals, and to the State Tax Commission for classification appeals.  Properties classified Commercial Real, Industrial Real or Developmental Real may be appealed to the March Board of Review or directly to the Michigan Tax Tribunal by May 31st.

Apply For

a FOIA request?
a Soil Erosion Permit?

Soil Erosion Permits can be obtained through the Antrim Conservation District.

You may visit the office or download a soil erosion permit 

a Building Permit?
Please see the Construction Code webpages for more information. Their regular office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The inspector calendar shows dates when inspectors will not be available to make inspections.
a Gun Permit?
Handgun purchase permits and Concealed Pistol License Applications (CPLs) are available through the Sheriff's Office.
a Marriage License?
a Name Change?

The County Clerk is the keeper of the file for Domestic Relations which includes divorce proceedings, custody, support, parenting time proceedings, Personal Protection Order proceedings, paternity proceedings, and Name Change for Adult and for Minor proceedings.

For more information, please contact the County Clerk's Office.

a Passport?
a Personal Property Exemption?

To determine if you are eligible for a personal property exemption, follow the link below and watch the video.

Learn About

Having a Wedding at a County Park?
For more information, please contact our Parks Manager at 231-599-2712 or During the winter months, contact the Administration Dept. at 231-533-6265 or
Mailing a Letter to the Board of Commissioners?

You can send a letter to the Board of Commissioners by mailing it to the following address:

Antrim County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 520
Bellaire, MI  49615


Report A

Crimes are investigated by the police, not the Prosecutor. Crimes should be reported to the police department or other law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction where the crime occurred.

Seek Help For

Losing My Home?

If you're in danger of losing your home for non-payment of your mortgage, please contact the Sheriff's Office.

If you're in danger of losing your home due to non-payment of property taxes, please contact the Treasurer's Office.